- Please see the Availability page for the dates you are interested. Pricing is found on the price list page.
- A $150 registration deposit per cottage is due upon registration. This deposit is refundable until MARCH 1st.
- Please click on the link below to download a pdf copy of the registration form. Print and then fill out the form completely. Mail the completed form to our home office: 111 State St. Houghton Lake, MI 48629 with your check to Brenda Schulz.
- Registration Form
- If you are unable to view and print the form after you download it you may need to install Adobe Acrobat available free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- The cottages are not considered reserved until the deposit is received and accepted.
- A separate $100.00 check/or cash is collected and held as housekeeping and security during your stay at Oak Beach Resort. PLEASE SEND IT WITH YOUR FINAL PAYMENT which is due 3 weeks before your arrival date.
- Guests are responsible for leaving cottages in the clean condition they found upon check-in.
- Cabins will be checked and disinfected between each rental.
- Other arrangements for upkeep may be made before check-in. Ask Brenda for anything that you need!
Make checks payable to Brenda Schulz
Mail registration and deposit to:
Oak Beach Resort Office
111 State St. Houghton Lake, MI 48629
Final Balance is due 3 weeks before your stay, including the separate $100 Housekeeping/damage deposit per cabin for summer rental. This ensures that you will be able to drive up to your cottage, begin unpacking and begin your vacation ASAP!
Daily rental will be arranged differently. Payment may be made by certified check, cash or personal check (if sent in 3 weeks in advanced or preapproved). Your uncashed damage deposit will be returned to you after confirmation of cottage condition, or you may apply it to the next year’s registration.
- Check-in is at 2:00 PM on Saturday; Cottages are not available until then.
- Check-out is 10:00 AM on Saturday. If you can call us in the event of an early departure, it will help us.
- When you arrive at Oak Beach Resort, the cottage will be unlocked and the key(s) will be on the kitchen table.
- Vehicles may be pulled up to the cottages at any time for loading and unloading, but during the prime summer weeks parking is located in the back area of the resort.
- When you depart, please leave the key on the kitchen table with any notes of suggestion, repairs, etc.
- Bedding, (blankets, sheets, pillows), towels
- Paper products
- extra lawn chairs
- Your favorite frying pan.... (personal suggestion)
- Boats can be launched at the DNR boat launch on Old 27 only ½ mile north of Oak Beach
- The Paddle boat is for everyone’s enjoyment. Please keep it tied up when not in use.
- Please consider bringing your own auger for best protection. There are a few augers already in the lake, however, Oak Beach Resort of Houghton Lake, INC is not responsible for damage from boats breaking loose from augers. These augers are more for our own personal pontoon use, but we are willing to share their use. Use these augers at your own risk. Boat owners are encouraged to bring their own augers to use with their own boats.
- Pontoons are available for rent upon availability or they may be reserved along with a cottage ($150.00 reservation fee)
- Large 25 foot Tracker party barge (60 horse motor)$650.00 for the week + gas/oil. 20' Sweetwater $500.00/week + gas/oil. Credit card needed for security deposit. This can pull a small tube. OTHER PONTOONS CAN BE SECURED BY CALLING BRIAN'S MARINA AT 989-422-6720 OR Brian's Shop (Winter) 989-422-5774. Credit card needed for security deposit. Credit cards will be charged for gasoline transactions needed to refill tanks plus $20.00 dollar surcharge.
- Visitors are welcome. Please send in your visitor plans with your payment in full. Visitors who rent other accommodations in the area do not have beach privileges. After all, Oak Beach pays the higher taxes for the lake front and no one wants an overcrowded beach.
- Visitors may stay overnight provided the sleeping capacity of the cottage is not exceeded.
- Exceeding Cottage capacity with tents and campers is not allowed. (or no one would rent a cottage, right?)
Small to midsize dogs may be pre-approved and must be pre-registered. Under no circumstances are AGGRESSIVE dog breeds allowed.-- and other large dogs MUST be pre-approved. Furthermore, any dog that for any reason is considered by management to be a nuisance to other guests will be required to be immediately and permanently removed from the premises. Please cover the furniture with extra sheets and bring a hair pick up sticky roller to clean furniture when you leave. Please remember to pay $20.00 for EACH dog on the premises. We reserve the right to reject any dog...... Please be patient as we work through these new policies to protect everyone's vacation!
WE WANT YOU TO HAVE FUN!